Last updated 5 minutes ago
According to the National Fire Protection Agency, there are approximately 15,000 dryer fires each year in the United States alone. The culprit for these home fires is usually the innocuous lint that builds up in your dryer’s vent, and every homeowner is at risk. Here is how dryer lint build-up can ignite a major house fire before you know it.
Lint can line the inside of your dryer, the dryer venting, and the lint trap. Home fires are not always due to a lack of maintenance; many fires are caused by undetected lint accumulation. Always clean the lint trap before and after drying each cycle of clothes, and take extra care to clean the back of the dryer where lint can be trapped.
Lack of Maintenance
Dryer lint can also build up in your venting system. If you notice that your drying time is taking longer than usual, contact a qualified service provider to clean the vent system thoroughly and ensure proper airflow. You should also replace plastic or vinyl hoses with rigid metal venting. Flexible dryer ducts are especially problematic because they are prone to sagging, which allows lint to accumulate.
Investing in a dryer that alerts the user when lint is building up is a good preventive measure, but not all consumers can afford brand-new dryers, and even lint detectors are not 100% reliable. Some home fires may also be started when consumers simply fail to properly follow the instructions on their dryers. Be sure to thoroughly familiarize yourself with your user’s manual so you know when the machine is malfunctioning and can decipher the warning signs.
When you have fire and smoke damage after a major or minor house fire, you need a team that will respond right away. At Restorative Pros, our highly experienced fire restoration team is here for you 24/7. To learn more about our emergency response system or inquire about how we can help you restore your home after fire, smoke, or water damage, give us a call at (888) 718-9497 today.
Last updated 1 day 3 hours ago
Mold and mildew can flourish anywhere that there is open water, dampness, or even elevated moisture levels. This may include basements, crawl spaces, bathroom walls and fixtures, tubs and showers, and kitchens. For mold growth to occur, mold spores enter into your home from the outside through open doorways, windows, and HVAC systems with outdoor air intakes. When spores drop on places where there is excessive moisture, mold begins to grow. Mold may also develop on areas where leakage has occurred, such as roofs, pipes, walls, or plant pots, or after a flood has caused water damage.
Whether you have mold in your insulation or drywall or mildew in your basement where water has intruded, you need an experienced mold removal and remediation team. Call the trained contractors at Restorative Pros today (888) 718-9497 for quick and efficient service you can always count on.
Last updated 8 days ago
Your septic system is designed to carry wastewater away from your home and into an underground septic tank before it is transported to a main city sewer. Despite being a vital component of every home, a number of individuals take their septic system for granted until they experience a major, costly problem. Make sure you understand the importance of maintaining your septic system by reading over the topics discussed in this article.
Slow Drains and Clogs
Every drain in your home is linked to your septic system, including the drains from your kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower, tub, washing machine, and toilet. When your septic system is not maintained, these items may begin to malfunction and impede sufficient water-flow. This is especially true if you pour your kitchen grease down the sink, as this sticks to the pipe walls and can lead to clogs over time.
If slow flowing drains due to buildup or clogs are not serviced, they can eventually cause your septic tank to backup and overflow. A septic backup is not only disgusting and dangerous, but can also result in major water damage to your personal items, walls, floors, and foundation of your home.
Water damage caused by a septic backup can lead to mildew and mold growth if it is not handled by a professional water damage or water extraction company. In addition, a septic backup exposes you and your family to harmful bacteria that may lead to skin rashes, gastroenteritis, hepatitis, and other diseases.
Here at Restorative Pros, our trained and experienced contractors are ready to handle all of your emergency restoration and home damage needs. Call (888) 718-9497 to learn more about our water damage services following a burst pipe, flood, or septic backup. You can also visit our website for more information about our fire damage and smoke damage services.
Last updated 18 days ago
The terms “mildew” and “mold” are often used interchangeably to describe fungal growth on various household surfaces. But while mildew and mold are both caused by fungi, they have several different characteristics. Mildew is often powdery and gray or white in color, whereas mold may be red, green, blue, or black. Mold may also be slimy and fuzzy, and is often found on rotting food, ceilings, and walls. Mildew, however, tends to show up more frequently in showers, bathtubs, toilets, and sinks. You will want to consult with a mold remediation company at the first sign of mold or mildew to determine the type of fungi you have, as not all types can be safety removed by homeowners.
Don’t let mold growth interfere with the indoor air quality of your home! For more information about mold removal and water damage services, call Restorative Pros at (888) 718-9497. You can also click on the link to our website to read more about our services.
Last updated 21 days ago
House fires may be caused by a number of different factors, including cooking equipment, careless smoking, electrical equipment, candles, inadequate wiring, flammable liquids, and even Christmas tree lights. One common type of fire is known as a protein fire, which occurs when meat or another type of protein is left unattended and begins to burn.
Protein fires may cause little visual evidence, but they often lead to smoke damage and foul odors that are extremely difficult to remove from fabrics, upholstery, and furniture. If left unattended, the smoke left behind by a protein fire can interfere with the indoor air quality of your home, increasing the risk of allergies and asthma symptoms.
Have you recently experienced a protein fire? Make sure you are obtaining the smoke damage and fire damage services you need by contacting Restorative Pros today at (888) 718-9497. We also provide mold remediation, thermal drying, and 24/7 emergency water damage services.